The client is one of India’s leading beauty and wellness retail chains with a wide range of products with over 160+ stores across India. One can shop online or visit their stores, anytime and anywhere because their idea is to make beauty shopping easier. The ecommerce store is unifying all its platforms to offer a seamless shopping experience by offering features such as – self checkout, click & collect and express delivery.
Project Objective – website & e-commerce app development
The client wanted to revamp their existing website and mobile application to ensure higher value propositions to their end-users by providing them with seamless user experience, and have the capacity to innovate with greater flexibility as they scale. The team from Niveus modernized the front-end website, the mobile application, the existing APIs and created new APIs on a need basis.
The main objective was to enrich the customers’ experience with an ecommerce app development that offers seamless product discovery, checkout and payment. Niveus worked closely with the client’s engineering team to meet their end goals.
- Enrich the customers’ experience by offering seamless product discovery, checkout and payment by modernizing the existing ecommerce application
- Maximize sales and user retention by offering personalized recommendations both – before and after purchase
- Provide high availability, scalability and cloud native readiness using the latest Tech Stack
- Front-end web application is built on React and React-Native technology which is hosted on the Google Kubernetes Cluster. Single code base framework is used for mobile and web app development
- Static contents of the website is stored in Google Cloud Storage and also be served via a Cloud CDN using Cloud Load Balancer
- Network Security and WAF is provided using Cloud Armor
- User authentication is done using Firebase Authentication via email, mobile number, OTP and social media accounts
- Google API Gateway is used to create, secure, and monitor APIs
- Spring Boot is used as a backend to build Microservices such as user management, basket & wishlist management, order management, carrier, catalog, CMS and inventory system
- Application is Integrated with two payment gateway services including other third party APIs for analytics, data management and marketing. These include Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Webengage, Facebook Pixel, Appsflyer and Crashlytics
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration and delivery pipeline for web application with security image scanning pipeline