The client is a leading investment management firm, provides a comprehensive range of financial services, including mutual funds, portfolio management, real estate investments and advisory solutions. The company is distinguished by its blend of investment expertise, people-focused approach, and efficient processes. Their unwavering commitment to revolutionizing the financial landscape is aimed at delivering the right financial solutions to investors, enabling them to achieve their lifecycle objectives.
Project Objective : Automated Portfolio Management
Business Value: Niveus enhanced the investor and distributor experience by providing an easy, time-saving, and secure online process with an online portal. This aimed to reduce errors, improve efficiency, and offer a seamless online experience.
The client opted for an automated portfolio management system for investors’ portfolios, which had been previously managed manually. The online portal reduced tickets, provided convenient access to account-related services. The portal also offered data analysis and quick report generation for the management team . By transitioning manual operations to online processes, the portal saved valuable time and streamlined efforts.
Niveus designed and developed the investor and distributor portal for their new online Automated Portfolio Management System (PMS). The team developed the system from scratch, starting with wireframe mockups of the portal and setting up the infrastructure on the Azure cloud. Furthermore, they created a Lead Management System (LMS) to monitor the investor/distributor onboarding process. Additionally, they developed a drawdown system with maker/checker logic for validation and approval. Moreover, they successfully incorporated mutual fund advisors, payment gateway integration, and third-party integrations for E-signing and Aadhar card verification into the system.
The complete automation of a formerly manual process led to reduced human errors
Customers could save time by utilizing the online portal for account-related services.
The automation resulted in fewer raised tickets, and enhanced accuracy in portfolio management
The company achieved low maintenance of infrastructure by moving to the cloud.
- A web application was developed using ReactJS front end, backend micro services using Java tech stack. The application was deployed in Azure Cloud.
- Lead Management Portal was be built on ReactJS and hosted on the Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- An automated CICD pipeline was setup using GitHub to streamline the release
- Azure Insight was used for monitoring, with integrated alerting and alert handling through third-party tools.
- Azure Key Vault was a cloud service used for securely storing and accessing secrets.
- Azure Monitor was used to monitor the application, infrastructure, and network details.
- Container registry was used to store Docker container images.
- Azure Job Scheduler was used to schedule the jobs, which were used in the case of the redemption process.
- Azure Functions had the REST API calls, which were triggered by the job schedulers.
- Software engineering tools like JIRA, confluence for documentation were also used.
- API orchestration and lifecycle management was done on APIGEE APIGW.