The client is one of the largest peer-to-peer lending platforms which caters to retail and business loans. It is an online platform where people who have money to spare lend it directly to people who want to borrow, thereby eliminating intermediaries and the margins they used to make. They provide a virtual marketplace where borrowers and lenders can interact directly.
The client facilitates fast and low-cost credit to individuals, MSMEs and SMEs; while providing a new investment opportunity to those with surplus funds.
Project Objective – Disaster Recovery Setup
Business Value: We enabled the client to meet their compliance standards with a better security posture, and improved scalability & efficiency.
The organization was looking to leverage a disaster recovery environment in GCP, thereby improving security, scalability, and saving time, while keeping costs low. Our solution caters to the preservation of the production workload during disaster, and ensures replication between AWS and GCP.
Niveus built a robust security system for the client’s testing and production environments to enable them to meet their compliance standards. The main objective of this project is to set up a Google Cloud disaster recovery environment, catering to the production workload during disaster and ensuring active replication between AWS RDS and GCP Cloud SQL.
- Production environment was set up as a part of the Resource Hierarchy configuration.
- VPC Network, subnets and firewall rules were set up
- Configured Operations suite in GCP for logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Site-to-Site VPN was configured for database migration over a private channel
- The Cloud SQL is setup in GCP and configured to continuously replicate the changes in AWS RDS over a private channel
- The Application servers was configured in Google Cloud Compute Engine
- On disaster, GCP load balancer is setup and the load balancer IP address will be updated accordingly within the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) to redirect the traffic from AWS to GCP