Our media client, headquartered at Navi Mumbai, was incorporated in 2011 and is in the process of building a comprehensive platform to provide Value Added Services over existing and upcoming communication networks in India. The solution works seamlessly over legacy cable television networks as well as the modern-day fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) IP based networks.
Niveus has partnered with media client in setting up Network endpoint groups on Google Cloud Platform to connect the Google Compute to fetch the video segment On-Premises and create an HTTP(S) Load Balancer to push the video segment to Google CDN for live streaming.
Niveus will work with this client to put together a solution where the transcoded video segment in either HLS / Dash is pushed to the Google CDN via the load Global Load balancer before they are pushed to the partner network who would eventually broadcast it to the end consumer. As part of this engagement, Niveus will help client set up 1 free to air channel which client can scale to the rest of the channels.
- With Google’s edge caches peered with nearly every major end-user ISP globally, Cloud CDN offers connectivity to more users everywhere.
- In this client Communications, Hybrid Cloud architecture was used with Cloud CDN which enables them to deliver the content hosted on-premises over Google’s high-performance distributed edge caching infrastructure, with the help of global load balancing with single anycast IP, that supports modern application delivery protocols like HTTP/2 and QUIC to improve the site performance.
- Internet NEGs (Network Endpoint Groups) were used, which enables client Communication to serve content from an origin that is hosted outside of the Google Cloud.
- To monitor the details of latency metrics and HTTP request logs for deeper visibility, Cloud Monitoring and Cloud Logging which is tightly coupled with Cloud CDN were used. Google-managed SSL certificates were used to provide privacy and secure communication from a client to the load balancer.
- To make fine-grained access control for the enterprise to manage users and access control, Cloud Identity and Access Management were used, which enables client to streamline compliance with a built-in audit trail.