Cloud-based application development is the future of app development, and for greenfield applications, it can be the way to go. With Greenfield application development, businesses can develop a brand new software application from scratch, without any existing codebase or infrastructure to work with. In other words, it’s a completely new project, unlike brownfield development, where developers work on an existing software application. It allows your app development game to move to the next level, gearing businesses for what’s ahead in the future. In this blog, we’ll guide you through why businesses are relying on cloud native app development, specifically with Google Cloud Platform.
Learn how our team of experts can help you design, develop, and deploy high-quality applications
Greenfield development provides developers with the freedom to design and develop an application from the ground up, with no restrictions imposed by legacy code or infrastructure. It allows developers to use the latest tools, technologies, and methodologies available, resulting in a modern, scalable, and efficient application.
Why cloud native app development works for greenfield deployments
Cloud-based application development creates software applications that are designed to run on cloud infrastructure, rather than traditional on-premise servers or local machines. Cloud-based applications are typically accessed over the internet and rely on cloud computing resources for storage, processing, and networking. Developers can leverage cloud services and platforms to build, test, and deploy their applications, without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. By using cloud-based services, developers can focus on creating high-quality applications while leaving the infrastructure management to the cloud provider.
Cloud native development is ideal for greenfield applications because it allows developers to design and build applications that are specifically optimized for the cloud environment. Cloud based applications are designed to take full advantage of cloud infrastructure and services, such as containers, microservices, serverless computing, and auto-scaling. This approach enables developers to create applications that are highly scalable, resilient, and efficient.
Furthermore, cloud based app development practices emphasize agility, continuous integration and delivery, and rapid iteration, which are well-suited for greenfield applications where the requirements may evolve rapidly. By leveraging cloud native development practices, developers can also reduce development time and improve the overall quality of the application.
As such businesses can create modern, scalable, and efficient applications that are specifically designed for the cloud environment.
Best practices in Cloud native application development
Cloud native application development involves a unique set of best practices that are geared towards optimizing the application for the cloud environment. These best practices are essential for building modern, scalable, and efficient cloud based applications. By adopting these practices, developers can create applications that are optimized for the cloud environment, secure, and maintainable, while also reducing development time and costs. Some of these best practices include:
- Adopting a microservices architecture: A microservices architecture is a design approach that involves breaking down a monolithic application into smaller, independent services. Each service has a specific function and communicates with other services through APIs. Microservices architecture enables developers to build applications that are highly scalable and flexible. It also allows for easier maintenance, testing, and deployment.
- Automating testing, deployment, and scaling: Automation is a critical aspect of cloud native application development. Automating testing, deployment, and scaling processes helps reduce manual errors, improves consistency, and enables faster release cycles. Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines can be set up to automate these processes, ensuring a streamlined and efficient development process.
- Implementing security and monitoring measures: Cloud native applications are highly distributed and dynamic, making them vulnerable to various security threats. Implementing proper security measures, such as access controls, encryption, and monitoring, is critical to ensuring that the application is secure and compliant. It’s essential to have proper monitoring and logging systems in place to detect and respond to security breaches promptly.
- Leveraging open-source tools and frameworks: Open-source tools and frameworks provide developers with access to a wealth of resources and expertise. By leveraging open-source technologies, developers can accelerate the development process, reduce costs, and improve the quality of the application.
- Emphasizing continuous improvement and iteration: Continuous improvement is a key aspect of cloud native application development. By using feedback from users and stakeholders, developers can continuously improve and iterate on the application, ensuring that it meets the changing needs of the users and the business. This approach allows for greater agility and responsiveness, enabling the development team to quickly adapt to new requirements or market conditions
Where Niveus comes in
As a Google-cloud partner, we have been helping businesses across industries reimagine application modernization with our cloud native services. As organizations recognize that modernizing on cloud offers more than just infrastructure-as-a-service, they identify the need for adopting cloud-native strategies and architectures. Here’s why Niveus’ clients across FSI, healthcare, media and entertainment, manufacturing and automotive industries, and more, are modernizing their apps with GCP cloud native services-
- We built a call volume prediction system that forecasts the demand trefor the near future, based on historical data, with a cloud-based microservice architecture for a leading custom BPO service provider
- We delivered turnkey solutions with AI-ML-based cloud products, such as automated document processing, video intelligence solutions, AI Chatbots, and more for clients across industries
- We converted VMs into lightweight containers by deploying applications on Google Kubernetes Engine hosted on a hybrid environment for a leading private bank
In conclusion, cloud native application development is the future of app development, and it’s ideal for greenfield applications. It provides developers with the freedom to design and develop an application from the ground up, with no restrictions imposed by legacy code or infrastructure. Cloud native app development practices enable developers to create modern, scalable, and efficient applications that are specifically designed for the cloud environment.
With cloud-based services and platforms, developers can focus on creating high-quality applications while leaving the infrastructure management to the cloud provider. The best practices in cloud native application development, such as adopting a microservices architecture, automating testing, deployment, and scaling, implementing security and monitoring measures, leveraging open-source tools and frameworks, and emphasizing continuous improvement and iteration, are essential for building modern, scalable, and efficient cloud native applications.
If you’re looking to develop a greenfield application on the cloud, we can help you create a high-quality application that meets the changing needs of the users and the business, while also reducing development time and costs. With Google Cloud Platform, you can leverage the power of cloud native development and build a modern, scalable, and efficient application that can help your business succeed in today’s fast-paced digital world.