Our client is one of the largest Housing Finance Companies in India providing long term finance to individuals for the purchase or construction of house/flat for residential purposes in India. With a dynamic portfolio, the company is amongst the pioneers in India ensuring access to housing finance for home ownership.
The legacy home loan application process is cumbersome for both borrowers and lenders.
The process involved physical application, manual verifications, processing and approvals. The outdated process led to poor customer experiences, slow processing time, and took a toll on the operational efficiency and the overall business revenue.
These challenges compounded as the pandemic struck and brought the physical loan application lifecycle to a standstill. This posed a danger to the client’s overall business as it was heading towards a stagnation.
To overcome the threat and to sustain their business, the client decided to frame a fully digital life cycle solution. Meaning, customers would be able to do it all — from application submissions and verifications to repayment — through a single interface and from anywhere at any time.
To modernise the ecosystem, Niveus leveraged fintech app development skills to create a hybrid cloud management platform
- Assess to improve UX across all digital touchpoints
- Restructure user journeys through the entire process cycle
- Integrate with PayUmoney, a payment gateway
- Synchronise data between GCP to OnPrem at real time
- Deploy automated scaling to handle peak customer loads securely
- A Hybrid-Cloud mobile platform hosted on Google Cloud Platform, an application downloadable from the Playstore and the AppStore
- The platform would be a one-stop application for customers to apply for loans, track their status, update personal information, download the TDS and Repayment Certificates, calculate the EMI and even make the payment of charges and fees
- Ensure high-level security of the data, both at rest and in transit to protect customer sensitive information.
- Deployment of a Chatbot, powered by Dialogflow of GCP, to help the users with the required information.
- An Autoscaling platform to cater to the increasing traffic/load.
- A versioning free platform, making it hassle free from frequent updates. This flexibility would contribute to the scalability requirements of the company.
- Google’s private fiber network with over 100 points of presence across countries would provide the platform an unmatched speed with minimal latency.
A novel near Zero Touch, simple, smooth, quick process for loan processing
The client witnessed a significant rise in loan applications
Over 5 Lakh + app installations in under 45 days of the release
The digitalisation of the end to end loan processing by Niveus, enabled client to disburse about 1300 crores during the challenging course of the pandemic
- The home loans application was digitised end to end in 30 days
- The Hybrid – Cloud Mobile application was hosted on Google Cloud Platform
- Dialogflow Integration for Chatbot assistance
- Agent Login flow for agents to apply for loans and track the applications of their customers
- Customer Login Portal for existing clients to log in and securely download the eSigned TDS, Repayment Certificate
- Payment Gateway Integration
- Application with multilingual Support
“Thanks to Google Cloud & Niveus Team who helped us launch our Digital Platform for Loan Application on Google Cloud which can now be easily scaled to meet our growth using Google Kubernetes Engine. Appreciate the efforts & expertise of Niveus & Google Cloud team in taking our Home Loans Application live in a short period of time.”Hitesh TalrejaChief Manager (IT) at LIC Housing Finance Ltd.