The client is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company committed to providing affordable and innovative medicines for healthier lives. The company manufactures and markets a wide range of pharmaceuticals in India and overseas. The company has Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for drug manufacture, diagnostic kits, critical care and biotechnology products. Niveus Solutions helped the client to migrate its infrastructure from OnPrem to GCP using the container migration process.
Project Objective – Data Center Migration
Our client envisioned adopting GCP to provide greater value to their customers, implement stronger security posture and innovate with greater flexibility as they scale. They intended to modernize their workloads in their Basel, Princeton and Germany data centers through a lift and shift approach. The client wanted to realign their existing projects to a new landing zone in GCP and use Netapp CVO instead of the NFS that they were using. This would enable the company to have stronger security posture and attain a better fitment with their security and compliance requirements.
Niveus worked closely with the client’s team to meet the end goals that include creation of landing zone, infrastructure migration from data centers to GCP. The current footprint of data centers, planning out the migration and making the transition to the cloud was achieved with the help of Stratozone. Through the ‘lift and shift’ approach, they were able to right size their VMs and improve their utilization.
- Setup a strong cloud foundation with secure, scalable, modular, and easy to access resources
- Design and implementation of a landing zone for the client’s workload in GCP applications to enable a stronger security posture that meets all security and compliance requirements
- Assessment of data center in Germany, Princeton and Basel using Startozone
- The iHub portal was set up in GKE as a part “move and optimize” application migration strategy
- Designing and implementation of a landing zone for their workload in GCP based applications
- After setting up the landing zone, on a sprint basis, selected VMs and applications will be migrated to GCP
- GKE is integrated using Cloud Monitoring with infrastructure, application, and Kubernetes-specific views to reduce operational cost and security risks
- Setting up an iHub application in GKE as a part ‘move and optimize’ application migration technique would enable them to use containers based on Google Kubernetes Engine
- A partial CI/CD is implemented with an intent to drive end-to-end automation
Assisted in setting up iHub application, that serves around 5000-7000 daily active users across North America, Russia and Europe